Why Study Religion at Georgia State?
“If I went back to college today, I think I would probably major in comparative religion, because that’s how integrated it is in everything that we are working on and deciding and thinking about in life today.”
– Secretary of State John Kerry
“It’s impossible to understand much of the news without knowing something about religion.” – CNN Belief Blog
Studying world religions:
- Prepares you for economic success in global settings and industries where culturally diverse points of view are valued.
- Prepares you to succeed personally in an international city such as Atlanta or anywhere else in the world
- Introduces you to ideas, practices, and values that you’ve never encountered previously
In the Department of Religious Studies, we offer
- Hands-on research, with internships, on-site learning, study abroad, and opportunities to work on faculty research projects
- Preparation for graduate work in religious studies and a variety of other humanities and social science fields – our graduates go on to prestigious universities including Harvard, Princeton, Chicago, the University of California Santa Barbara, Columbia, Emory and Duke.
- Innovative M.A. programs that prepare you for doctoral work or for other careers, such as law, public policy, education, the nonprofit sector, business, and the media – check out our Graduate info!
Studying religion puts you on the cutting edge of global politics, business, health care, education, and the media. Come be a part of it!